If you are looking to participate in charity,here is an opportunity for you. HDFC MF Charity Fund for Cancer cure. Investor can donate dividends towards charity,providing treatment towards needy & underprivileged cancer patients.
HDFC Charity fund for cancer cure fund:
1.It is an 1136 days closed ended scheme (Arbitrage or Debt option) from HDFC Mutual fund which aims to provide cash flow in form of dividends towards charity.
2.Investor have two donation options:Donate either 50% or 100% of the dividends declared in this plan.
3.Two investment options for investors: Investor can choose from either Arbitrage or Debt option.Under arbitrage option, fund manager will utilize price differentials between cash & future market to generate income.In debt option,manager will invest in fixed income securities maturing within schemes period to generate income.
4.Dividends in mutual funds are tax free in hands of investors.
5.Tax deduction u/s 80G : Donation of dividends made towards charity are eligible for tax deduction under section 80G of I.T.act.
How HDFC AMC will participate in social objective:
- AMC will not levy any investment and management fees to manage charity fund for cancer cure.
- HDFC AMC will match for donations towards dividends and will contribute for equal amount of corpus subject to maximum cap of Rs.15 Crore.
This is third offering by HDFC MF of this kind.This new fund offer will open for subscription for period between March 10, 2017 to March 24, 2017.
Smarter way to invest and grow your ideal money:Ultra short term or Liquid funds
As emergency can come any time,number of mutual funds have come with instant redemption facility where money will be credited in linked saving account instantly or within certain period of time like 30 minutes.
Currently following funds are offering instant redemption facility:
- Reliance money manager fund.
- DSP Blackrock Money manager fund.
- UTI Money Market fund.
- SBI Savings Fund.
What investors need to remember while opting for instant redemption facility:
- To opt for this facility,IFSC code need to be registered in the folio.
- Investors registered bank need to be Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) enabled.
- Facility may available for transactions made only through website or mobile app.
- Most of the funds have kept daily redemption limit as Rs.2 Lakh. But if you have opted for Reliance MF Any Time Money Card,limit for instant redemption will be 50% of valuation with upper cap of Rs.2L.
- Routine offline redemption facility available as it is.
Risks associated :
- Investor can face technical issue while transacting online or through app.
- Most of the funds offering this facility have modified duration up to 1 year so investor need to have sufficient investment duration.
Rest this is good value added facility by mutual funds and investor can take benefit of the same.
CKYC – Centralized KYC – an initiative of Govt Of India which will be administered by CERSAI – Central Registry Of Securitization Asset Rsconstruction And Security Interest Of India.
Central KYC Registry will be a centralized repository of KYC records of investors in the financial sector with uniform KYC norms allowing inter-usability of KYC records across the financial sector.
W.e.f. February 01, 2017, new mutual fund investor will need to comply with new CKYC procedure.
Mutual fund investors will be categorized as below:
- New investors who are not KYC compliant: Such investors will need to use new CKYC form or KYC KRA form along with additional supplementary CKYC form.Mutual fund companies may accept this supplementary form for limited period of time only.
- Existing KYC compliant mutual fund investor :For now, there are no new requirements to be fulfilled by existing KYC compliant investors.
- Existing CKYC compliant investors:No further KYC formalities are required.
The objective of CKYC is to allow investors to complete KYC formalities only once and make this information available across all the entities in the finance industry and not limited to securities.
CKYC compiled investors will be provided with 14 digit KYC identification (KIN) which confirms their KYC compliance.
Click here to download CKYC application form.